Back in June, I did a Wedding Shower for my one and only sister, Jill. She is getting married on September 15 so she is having a fall wedding with chocolate brown dresses and orange and yellow flowers. I think it will be beautiful and love the color combinations. For the decorations, we used fresh cut Tiger Lillies from the fields by the building. They were growing every where and just happen to be my sister's favorite flower so it worked out great! A special thank you to my aunt and cousin who braved all the "creatures" and cut them for us!!
The best part of the whole shower was the food however- at least that is my opinion! We ended up having it at 11:30 so we did a brunch and it worked out really great. We had some breakfast and some lunch foods. We had quite a variety of foods both homemade (mostly) and store bought (for easiness sake.)
We had homemade chicken salad and store bought pimento spread both served with crackers and my mom's homemade bread. My aunt made her tasty cucumber sandwiches and we had a wonderful veggie tray as well. There were also muffins, homemade cinnamon rolls, breakfast casseroles, breakfast Stromboli, and mini quiches. 
We had the most desserts but they were also the best part. I think Jill liked the chocolate fountain the best as you can see!
The fountain had strawberries, bananas, grapes, marshmallows, and vanilla wafers with it. 
I made my first ever trifle! I know that some of you may laugh at that (yeah you Domestic Goddess!) but remember that episode of FRIENDS when Rachel makes that Ladyfinger and Peas trifle? Sometimes, things don't always work out but lucky for me, my Trifle turned out great!
I used Chantel's Raspberry Chocolate Trifle recipe but put canned cherries in place of the raspberries because it sounded much yummier at the time. It was a big hit!! I should have put a few cherries on the top for that added little pop. Next time I will.
Jayne's Strawberry Banana Trifle was a huge hit as well but I did not put that one together. I was a little frustrated with the person who did because they just threw everything on top and it looked really messy BUT it tasted so yummy!! I'll remember to remember to screen my "workers" before I let them near the food next time!
My mom also made a Strawberry Cake from the Spring Kraft foods magazines. It has become one of our family favorites and we make it a lot when I go home. She also had a Chocolaty Chocolate Cake that she wanted to make which was one of the best I have ever had! The food was delicious and everyone had fun- at least that is what they told me!
The most important person was happy with the whole thing- my sister and let me tell you that sometimes making her happy is the key to world peace! =)
12 comments:
Jodie- I love this! It really was the best shower, I couldn't ahve imagined it any better. You did a wonderful job and all the personal things you did for it were great. You are relaly talented when it comes to these things. You are correct in syaing that making me happy is the key...now if we could get Nick to understand that!
You are so talented! Everything looks amazing!
Looks like a lot of fun! Great job! I love the picture of you and your sister!! =)
Jodie, it sounds amazing, you probably have missed a calling in life, because to me that sounds like a whole lot of work and stress. I'm glad it turned out good.
What a FUN party to celebrate an upcoming wedding. Looks like you did AWESOME. Nice work!
You two are stunning!! I love party planning, too, but I don't have as much time as I once did - I think you did a fabulous job! =)
You are such a great sister!! I love how important your family is to you. Jill is so lucky. What a beautiful shower you threw for her! The flowers, the food, the invitations... nice job. You throw a great party! I'm excited for you to post pictures of Nora's birthday. That was a great party, too!
Trifles are delicious. I love that episode of friends. "Ground beef sauteed with garlic and onions..." or whatever she says. So classic.
This looks amazing! You are such a great sister! I laughed SO hard with your friends comment! I do that all the time, and Barrett doesn't even laugh :) Also, could I borrow the chocolate fountain? I could perch myself under it all day yum-o!
Jodie- You are amazing. My new idol. I am so impressed with the shower! It looked completely like a professional came in and made it perfect!! Maybe you should consider this calling....
WOW! Very impressive:) Everything looks wonderful!
I can't believe how much you two look alike! Great job on the party! It looks fabulous!
nicely done! I'm way impressed with you skills!
Post a Comment