Sunday, September 2, 2007

Potty Training Book


So I remembered a while back that a couple of you have asked about the potty training book I am using with Nora and I did not respond to it. SO I thought I would do a quick post about one of the best books out there in my opinion!! Mommy I have to go potty by Jan Faull, M.ED.

I loved this book because it gave multiple opinions, ideas and suggestions about potty training issues. Everything from getting the child ready to set backs and accidents. I really liked that the book did not really have one method that was suggested but instead had a variety of suggestions on each topic. I was really apprehensive about potting training and this book made me feel much better about the whole experience.

Throughout each section there are Stories from the Bathroom which are real stories of parents and children in potty training situations. I found these very helpful as well because it made me feel like I was not alone.

I also liked that the books constantly reminds parents that all children are different so what works for one child will not necessarily work for another. That is a really good point to remember. We tend to do what our friends or mom tell us and that just may not be best for your child. I would strongly suggest this book to anyone at any stage of potty training. It is a good book with lot of helpful and very useful advice. Give it a try and let me know what you think as well!!

6 comments:

Wilsons said...

Thanks Jodie! Ellie was potty trained for a month before we moved, now she wants nothing to do with it! AH, the worst part is, she CHOOSES not to go. She knows when she is doing it and will even tell us, but won't go on the potty. I hope this book will give me some new incite. Thanks!

Jodie B. said...

I think that this book will really help you out Brenda! There is a section on regression as well!! Good luck. Let me know how it goes and if you need any help, give me a call or email.

DeGooyer Family said...

Sounds like a great book - wish I had known about it when Benjamin was being potty-trained two years ago!! What worked for us is taking off his diaper - he was trained in just 4 days!

hayley said...

True, true every kid is different and different things work for each kid. I just finished potty training Luke this week and it went smooth as butter. I bet I will never get this lucky again:)

Jen said...

Jodie, thanks for the recommend. I know it is WAY to early but I have been wondering how I would go about doing this with Liam. My sister keeps telling me that he will be at least 3 before he is potty trained. I am hoping she is completely wrong. Anyway, thanks.

Erin said...

Fantastic. I am really glad to be referred to a good potty training book. I am NOT looking forward to that, but I guess Benjamin can't be wearing diapers forever...